Thursday, July 31, 2008
Bodybuilding Myths Busted!
- People don't really care that much about your progress from 145-146 pounds.
- Yes, if you're not gaining weight at 140 pounds, eat more.
- If you don't like squatting, squat anyway.
- Yes, you should work legs and back.
- No, you should not have a bicep/arm/chest day, every day.
- No, you shouldn't lift weight five hours every day.
- No, you are not going to go from 150-200 pounds in two months.
- People don't give a shit if you want a six pack and you HAVE to have one by next week.
- If you're 140 pounds, don't cut over the summer so that you have a six pack. Clean bulk.
- The cholesterol in egg yolks is dietary cholesterol. Eat it and shut the hell up.
- Soreness is not an indicator of muscle growth.
- 1-3 reps strength, 4-6/7 strength and mass, 8-12 mass (generally...around there...yeah)
- If you're going to get into a fight and you want my advice, I suggest you get a brick and throw it at the person and then run.
- If you have a problem, kill it. Jus' sayin'.
- Squatting will not stunt your growth. Weightlifting itself will not stunt your growth.
- Do not take steroids when you're fifteen at 148 pounds.
- Do not ask whether it is safe to take so-and-so supplement at 15/16/17, unless it's a prohormone or a steroid. In that case, still don't ask.
- Protein does not mess up your liver.
- Yes, you can take protein and creatine at the same time. But don't add in fish oil tablets, or your face will explode. It's like mixing soda and pop rocks.
- Cell tech is too hardcore. Don't buy it.